Monday, January 12, 2009

Hark! A glimmer of hope in Dallas!

I haven't been shy about my disdain for the lack of decent modern furniture and decor stores here in the Dallas area (I don't include Ft. Worth because from what I've seen and heard, there are actually some pretty nifty places there...who knew?). Thanks to the uber-amazing website 1st Dibs--purveyor extraordinaire of all things antique, hip, and cool--they list a few places in the Dallas area known for their interesting products. It's an extremely short list, with the first two being my personal favorites. :)

Sputnik Modern

Collage

Jan Showers gives a bit of a happy medium between the modern shops and the more traditional shops:

Jan Showers & Associates

These Dallas stores tend to be famous for the what I call the typical "Dallas look:" very traditional, lots of flourishes, too much ornateness and gilding, and Bombay store-esque "exoticness." Clean lines? Modern sensibilities? Not so much. But the look is something that seems to be ubuiquitous here in Dallas:

Urban Electric Co.

Ceylon et Cie

East & Orient Company

No comments: